Here is a list of software I use in my work.
- Things manages all of my projects and tasks.
- Sanebox has dramatically decreased the number of emails I am notified of. It sorts my email automatically and only puts important emails into my inbox. Then, I receive a digest of all unimportant emails. Incredible.
- Fantastical 2
- This program is the best calendar application. Entering new events very easy with natural language parsing.
- Scanner Pro 7
- This is the best scanner app I've tried.
- Working Copy
- I use Working Copy to edit my RMarkdown files in my GitHub repository on my iOS devices.
- This is the best way to store and manage all of my passwords.
- I keep track of my and my students' research pipelines in this app.
- Drafts 4
- Everything I write begins here. After I've written it down (ideas, paragraphs, emails, etc.), I can export it to the appropriate application for further development.
- I write my manuscripts in Scrivener. It is the best writing studio application ever.
- I write outlines for everything in OmniOutliner. I often use it side-by-side with Scrivener.
- Bear is a very nice and simple note-taking application.
- Day One
- I keep a productivity journal (along with other more personal journals) in Day One.
- Nice mind-mapping software that I should probably use more than I do.
- Manuscripts are exported from Scrivener, and I use Pages to finalize the document, getting it into APA format and exporting to PDF.
- Microsoft Word
- I only use MS Word when people send me .docx files. It's also a legacy collaboration tool when working with other coauthors.
- RStudio (with R of course)
- The majority of my data analyses are done with R and RStudio. It connects with my GitHub repository, so I can store and share code online. The knitting feature is amazing.
- MPlus 7
- I analyze complex models with MPlus, including multilevel structural equation modeling. Though I have done a paired sample t test with MPlus before.
- I use SPSS when other people send me SPSS datasets. Ugh.
- Keynote is the best presentation application.